Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brown

I am the worm who's under the ground,
I am the rusted down penny you found.
I am the earth and the bark of the tree,
I am the wing of the eagle you see.

I am the wood of the chair where you sit,
I am the table upon which your candle is lit.
I am the fur of your beloved dog,
I am the eye of the slippery frog.

I am the stone where the sea meets the sand,
I am the whistle you hold in your hand.
I am the scab over your knee,
I am the door to your lock and key.

I'm a secret mix of the colours you know,
And yet you still leave me out of your rainbow.

if you enjoyed this poem, please check out my other pieces posted on my blog. Comments make my day, so go nuts!

13 comments:

  1. hahaha... well thats what you get for being so hard to create! anytime im tryin to mix paints to get brown, i never get it quite right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good, I enjoyed it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh excellent piece...particularly that last line...makes it so poignant...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it very much...I had thought of some of those images. You thought of more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so unfair to be left out of the rainbow...love the flow of your writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I loved this! SO true! I love brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, brown is all those things and more - the last two lines made me think: awww, no fair... if it were up to me there'd be no end to rainbow hues :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever,witty creative, I love the color of brown, love working in the deep rich brown soil and the smell of damp earth after it rains.

    Joanny
    from theme thurs.
    http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/2010/08/early-to-rise.html

    ReplyDelete