Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ghosts

We are burning, burning,
Watch the flames lick the walls,
Feel the heat under your palms.
Darling, fall, come away from the window,
Fly with me, two ghosts flying over the grass,
We will not give him his final death kiss,
No, he dosen't even deserve that.
Darling, let us move away from his fists,
Away from his whiskey and beer,
Away from his ciggerette.
Darling, take my hand,
Let him burn with the house,
Let him crackle with the falling timber,
And noone will call us crazy,
We are not mad any more.
For now we are Angels,
May your bruises fade,
That your mind be at ease.
Who could blame your tormented mind,
For the fire in you heart burned him out,
Like his fists hit your cheek,
So your fire has broken his back.
if you enjoyed this poem, check out my others, posted on my blog. I love to get comments, they make my day, so go for it!

1 comment: