Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cocoon

I am warm,
Wrapped in the shell of my own thoughts,
Spinning and weaving, colours and shades,
Windows and doors, broken and sealed.
I am home,
Tucked under my own mind,
This is my own fortress, my own stands,
This is my freedom and my prison.
I am close,
I feel the light and the shadows,
The moon and the half-light,
I can feel the rain on my window pane.
I must break free,
Its too tight, too close, too near,
I am stuck, wriggling, writhing,
I must get away.
I am through,
And i can feel the sun and the stars and the open sky.
I am free.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem...I love the imagery. It is very descriptive and stunning. I enjoyed your impression of a cocoon. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. born from ones own cocoon, wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete