Monday, January 17, 2011

My Friends



I'd like to take a second,

Just a moment of your time,

To tell you how I love you,

To do it in a rhyme.



I know it isn't much,

I know that I can't spell,

But you're my best friend in the world,

A friendship I'd never sell.



You make me smile when I am sad,

You cry when I feel down,

Doesn't matter if I'm mad,

You always stick around.



You always want to be with me,

You always save my seat,

You don't care if my hairs a state,

Or if my clothes aren't that neat.



You never leave me hanging,

When I'm looking for a five,

You help me see the beauty in,

Just now being alive.


You always want to be with me,

You always wait when I'm late,

You tried so hard not to laugh,

When I ripped my skirt on the gate.



Remember when you wrote that note,

We should have been doing french,

About the time we couldn't find,

A seat on a bench.


You sang that stupid song I wrote,

About the lunch box food,

You sang it pretty out of tune,

But really caught the mood.


Remember when I cried,

The day my heart was torn,

You said, "I'll beat that bastard,

Till he rues the day he was born."


Remember the face masks,

That turned our faces pink,

When we washed them off,

The multi-coloured sink.


I guess I'm trying to say,

What I mean in the end,

No matter where life takes us,

You'll always be my friend.

5 comments:

  1. That's what friendship is all about .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming, wonderfully images, much like those in the original picture... moments frozen in the memories of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful,
    come to Jingle Poetry Potluck tonight, thanks.

    ReplyDelete