Monday, January 3, 2011

Overdose




You're my diamond in the rough,
The kind of thing I can't get enough,
I'd rob a bank for more of you,
Cause I'm addicted to what you do,
You're my drug, you're my curse,
And I think my conditions getting worse,
A million needles can't give the kick,
Over those, it's you I'd pick,
You give me heaven, then send me right back to hell,
This rush is the merchandise you sell,
Diamonds are a girl's best friend,
But your touch will be my end,
Can't run from this, can't hide my lust,
Without you, I'm only living just,
An overdose of you can kill,
But if that's the price, I'll take my fill,
Don't look at me like your surprised,
You're the only one who can be critisised,
Diamonds may be forever,
But this kind of stuff is now or never.

12 comments:

  1. witty words...

    Thanks for sharing...
    Will post Rally week 37 information Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Ponygirl... dangerous stuff that. So hard to resist, no? Great images here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the poem, Overdose. Your imagery was great and the poem well written. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most enjoyable...the imagery evokes a feeling of addiction. An excellent write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem could be put to song! I really enjoyed reading. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lively and fun! here's mine for this thursday.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/the-tears/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...love the musical touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this love this love this!! like thoughtsnotlost says this can really be put into a song! :) i have my share of "overdose" i know exactly what you mean. ;)

    keep up the super work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice rhyming! a different approach I would say ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drugs! when they come from that special someone, well they´re even harder to give up-

    ReplyDelete
  11. "your touch will be my end" LOVELY, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed it so much, it ws fast and rhythmic and easy to relate to :)

    ReplyDelete