Thursday, September 16, 2010

Magpie-The riddle of the sand

Said the Devil to the Lord,
"You know sometimes I do get bored"
Said the Lord to the Man,
"Do not fear, He knows what things I can."
The Devil laughed in reply,
"You still don't trust me, you think I'd lie?"
The Lord shook his head,
"I know what secrets you have said,
What deseptions you have set."
Said the Devil, "Let's make a bet,"
"I'll return each soul each man,
If beat me at chess you can."
Said the Lord, "I'll see your bet,
But it's my terms that we'll set."
"Fine by me," Devil grinned,
"You return those who've sinned,
If you win, you get this man."
"Those are terms I think I can,
Agree upon," Devil shook,
The game started, scores Man took.
The Lord started awful quick,
He had his pawns move quite slick,
But lies can always play thier part,
Cheating is the Devil's art,
As the Lord turned away,
Devil turned the play,
The Lord lost the game,
And like wise Man the same.
The Devil and the Lord still play,
Devil cheats, gains more each day.

And sand riddle trickles away.

17 comments:

  1. Wow. Very good message indeed. A very brilliant poem. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written and quite the important message.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever piece. This one needs some music! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. epic image! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the words that I just read,
    the book of Job turned on it's head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. smiles. it reminds me of a joke i heard at summer camp years and years ago...perhaps a change of game? smiles. nice magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this. A thought-provoking poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think i see job in there somewhere... the sky is holding

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-nature-plants-creatures.html

    Dear poet, welcome join Jingle Poetry Monday Potluck…
    First time participants can link in 1 to 3 old poems, or poems unrelated to our theme…
    We value your contribution and cherish your talent!
    Hope to see you soon,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete